November 2019: Spotlight on Hanham AFC

October 30 2019

Match reports

Hanham Athletic v Gala Wilton
October 19

Gala Wilton hit another four goals in a 4-1 win at home to Hanham Athletic. They only managed the one in the first 45 minutes and that came after 8 minutes from across that was headed back across goal and Ryan Dobbins was there to head home. Early in the second half Gala scored a second this time it came from a corner that the visitors keeper tried to collect but missed it altogether and it left Shay Lyons with a simple tap in. Hanham hit back with a solo effort from Connor Hartley who broke down the wing cut in and fired the ball home. The home side made it 3-1 when Dobbins broke down the flank squared the ball across to Jay Dare to finish it off. The home side netted a fourth on 84 minutes when a Kieran Bryce-Ingles through ball found Martin Smith to hammer it home.

Hanham Athletic v Hardwicke
October 12

Just the one goal at Hardwicke who hosted Hanham Athletic. A fairly even game in which both sides put in plenty of effort. The first opportunity fell to Hardwicke’s James Ratcliffe on 6 minutes but he hit his shot just wide of the goal. The visitors made several good breaks down the left flank with some very good crosses zipping across the Hardwicke goal but each time the home defence managed to get them clear. In the 29th minute Paul Carter’s effort was hit straight at Hanham keeper Ashley Bamford. Hanham’s Conor Hartley rounded several Hardwicke players in a drive at goal and got to the edge of the box before a last-ditch tackle took the ball away. Then just before the break Hardwicke’s Kieran Squires failed to get his header on target from a corner.
Hanham forced a corner in the first minute of the second half but the home defence cleared upfield from the cross. 5 minutes into the second half Hardwicke’s Kieran Tracey and Hanham’s Jack Fry clashed after a tackle and both received a red card for the incident. From the free kick which went Hardwicke’s way Paul Carter’s kick was spilled by Hanham keeper Ashley Bamford but they scrambled the ball clear. A good move by the home side on 55 minutes was finished off by Will Matthews to give the home side the lead. A few minutes later Ratcliffe cut into the box from the left but hit his shot straight at Bamford. There was plenty of effort from both sides for the remainder of the game but the score-line remained 1-0.

October 12 Hanham Vets beat Fry's 7-4 (no game for the reserves)

October 19 Hanham Vets beat AFC Grace 5-3. Reserves lost 6-2 to Longwell Green.