Whats On February 2019
• Pilates, Hanham Community Centre, Avon Room, 10am-10.55 and 11.15am to 12.15, Contact John Hennessy on 07837 302 678.
•Short Mat Bowls Group, Hanham Community Hall, Elbrow Suite, 10.30am-12.30pm. Cost £2.50 and HCC Membership. contact Jane 0117 967-4439 We have three mats each with two teams of four players, and we play ‘just for fun’ so come along and join in. Also Mon pm, Tues eve and Friday am.
• Hanham WI (Afternoon) meets second Monday every month at Hanham Community Centre from 1.30 to 4pm. New members always welcome. Moira 0117-961-1583.
• Tai Chi , Hanham Community Centre, Wessex Suite, 10-11am and 11am-noon. Contact Vicki Siggens on 01454 616624 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
•Fitness for all abilities 7.30pm, Longwell Green Community Centre. Bring a smile and comfy clothes. Tel Debi: 07807460856; email: email@example.com; or www.zen02.com
• “In stitches”, Hanham Community Centre, Ridgeway Room, 1-3pm, cost £2. Contact Sonja Sillay on 07841 610864 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a group who love to stitch! We make cross stitch, tat, knit, bobbin lace, crochet, embroider
•New Pilates Classes. Tue 11.45-12.45 North Common Wed 11.30 – 12.30 Hanham Fri 9.30 – 10.30 Hanham.Please bring a mat. £36 for 6 week booking Contact Jenny 07784 271249. www.pilates4posture.co.uk
• Short Mat Bowls Group, Hanham Community Centre, Elbow Suite, 2-4pm, every Monday. Cost £2.50 and HCC membership. Please contact Jane on 0117 967-4439
• Zumba Fitness, Hanham Community Centre, Wessex Suite, 7pm-8pm, cost £5 per class. Contact Celena Lewis 07525 214755 or email: email@example.com
• Kingswood Breastfeeding Group, Kingswood Children’s Centre, 10.30-12pm, every week. Peer Supporters available each week. Free tea and cake. Everybody welcome
• 10.30 -11.15am, Zumba Gold, low impact, St Aidan's Church Hall, Fir Tree Lane, BS5 8BJ £3.50 per class. Contact Philomena on 07966 373089.
•Low Impact Zumba Fitness, 6.15 - 7.15pm St Aidans Church Hall, Fir Tree Lane, BS5 8BJ Cost: £3.50 (over 60's) £5 adults (or buy 5 classes for the price of 4) Contact Philomena on 07966 373089. www.zumbainbristol.co.uk
•Zen 02 Fitness for all abilities 7.30pm, Longwell Green Community Centre. Trusted, proven, relaxing, fun. gets results. TRY FOR FREE: Debi: 07807460856; email:firstname.lastname@example.org; or www.zen02.com
•Hanham Tennis Club – Club Night Tennis – 7.00pm – 10pm. New players welcome. See http://hanhamtennisclub.co.uk for details.
•Taoist Tai Chi Society beginner class in Kingswood Community Centre ,11am. Come along to a free first class to find out more. www.taoist.org/uk for more info or call Crispin on 07407 175127
•50+ keep fit , 11am-noon, (something different every week) £4, KES Club (old legion building next to Lloyds bank on Kingswood High Street) www.gentlefitness.co.uk 07736 309272
• Hanham Abbots Parish Council, Hanham Hall, Monthly.
• Real Fitness, Hanham Community Centre, Elbrow Suite, 9.30am-11am every week, cost £6.80 per class. Contact: Sarah Buscemi on 0117 9327533. Diet and fitness classes. Aerobic exercise suitable for all levels and abilities.
•Yoga, Hanham Community Centre, Wessex Suite, 10.15am-11.30am. Contact: Vivien Tallis on 07801550842. Gentle stretches to improve flexibility, relaxation and well being - Drop in sessions. Suitable for beginners
• Craft Buddies, Hanham Community Centre, Wesley Room, 1.30pm-3.30pm, every week. Contact 0117 9674439. Do you have lots of craft items that you are not sure what to do with? Bring them along to our craft group, you will be able to share ideas, get hints and tips, and make the most amazing things.
• Slimming World, Hanham Community Centre, Wessex Suite. 3.30pm, 5.30pm and 7.30pm. Please contact Natasha on 07515 460052. Lose weight with the best support and motivation, group ideas and sharing. Warm friendly group - everyone welcome.
• Zumba Fitness, 6 - 7pm, Elbrow Suite, Hanham Community Centre. Suitable for all fitness levels and age groups. Contact Philomena on 07966 373089. www.zumbainbristol.co.uk
• Chess Club, Hanham Community Centre, Somerset Room, 7.30pm-10.30pm, cost £34 per annum plus HCC Membership. For more information please contact Phillip, 07855 290575, email@example.com or visit our website www.hanhamchess.btck.co.uk
• Weight Watchers, Hanham Tabernacle United Reform Church, 9.30-10.30am, every week Contact Alice on 07904745331.
• Zest Tone Deaf Choir, Longwell Green UFC Church, Bath Rd, Term Time 10.30-12pm. Suitable for anyone who wants to join a fun happy community choir. Contact Mary 07954 170532 or visit www.zestchoirs.com.
• Cadbury Heath Breastfeeding Group, Cadbury Heath Children’s Centre, 10-11.30am, every week. Supporters available each week. Come along for tea and cake and support. All welcome.
•Grange badminton Club, John Cabot Academy. 7-9pm. Friendly play badminton club. Age 18 years upwards. new members welcome. Phone Mike on 07785 375713.
•Carers Support Group (run by Carers Support Centre) Hanham Community Centre. First Tuesday of every month, 1.30-3.30pm. For further info contact Natalie 07762 288112
• Bath Approach Course Seniors Golf Club are looking for new members for the Winter season. If you enjoy golf, are in the 55+ age group please come and join us. No handicaps necessary, male and female members welcome. We are a small friendly amateur club and play on a Tuesday morning. If you would like to join us simply come along to the Bath Approach Course on a Tuesday morning at around 0900hrs and have a chat and find out further information.
• Brushstrokes Art Club, Hanham Community Centre, Avon Room, 10 – 12 am. Cost £8 per month. All standards welcome from beginners onwards. Come along for a free session. Contact Elaine 07971015848
• Little Folk Toddler Group, Hanham Community Centre, Wessex Suite, 9.15-11.15am,. Please contact Tracie 07887 871274 or Ali 07837 548913. Friendly mother and toddler group meeting weekly.
• Leisure Art Club, Hanham Community Centre, Avon Room, 1:45 – 3:45 pm. Cost £8 per month. Everyone welcome whatever standard. Help given if needed Come along for a Free Session. Contact Elaine 0797101584.
• Over 50s - Light & Easy Aerobics, Hanham Community Centre, Elbrow Suite, 10-11am. Please contact Jenny Greenslade on 0117 9613327 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Light and easy aerobics for +50’s or the less fit. Mats provided but please bring a drink of water.
•Hanham History, Hanham Community Centre, Wessex Suite, 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month, 2-4pm. Contact Roy Crew on 07813827822 or email email@example.com
• Flower Club, Hanham Community Centre, Ridgeway Room, 1.15-3.15pm. Contact Ann Reed on 01179374157 or Shelagh on 01179679255. Flower arranging classes for all ages and abilities.
• Hanham Players - Drama Club, Hanham Community Centre, Elbrow Suite, 7.30-10pm. Cost £12 per year and HCC membership. Contact Ria 07500 017318.
• Bridge Club, Hanham, Community Centre, Avon room, 7:15-10:15pm. Contact Graham 07790491564 or email: Carolinej356@gmail.com. Very friendly & relaxed club, but some knowledge of playing Bridge required.
• Alcoholics Anonymous (AA), United Church, Bath Road, Longwell Green, 8pm-9pm, Contact: Bill 07799628252 or visit alcoholics-anonymous.org.uk
A fellowship of men and women who share their experiences, strength and hope with each other - such that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.
• Weight Watchers, Longwell Green Scout Hut, Longwell Green Comunity Centre, 6.15-7.15pm. Contact Alice on 07904745331.
• Bingo at Hanham Community Centre, 7pm start for 7.30pm Eyes Down. Suitable for all ages and abilities, just bring a pen. For more information call 0117 9674439
• Zumba Fitness, 6 - 7pm, Elbrow Suite, Hanham Community Centre Aimed at lower impact with the option to do higher impact. Suitable for all fitness levels and age groups Contact Philomena on 07966 373089. www.zumbainbristol.co.uk
• 8-9.15pm, Fitness class with Sarah every Wednesday at Longwell Green Primary School. Everyone welcome. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
• 8pm, Jive Fusion: Dance classes for beginners upwards mixing LeRoc, ballroom, latin, salsa and stroll. Community Centre, The Arch, High Street, Kingswood, BS15 4AB. Tutor Derek Knapman 07549 590269. £6 on the door or six sessions for £20.
•Hanham Tennis Club - Wednesday evening beginners session coaching from 7.00pm to 8.00pm. Fully qualified LTA coaching. New players welcome. See http://hanhamtennisclub.co.uk for details.
•Hanham Photographic Society meet at Hanham Methodist Church every Wednesday 7.30-9.30pm New members welcome whether experienced or beginner. Visit hanhamphoto.org.uk for more information.
• Coffee Morning, Hanham Community Centre, Coffee Lounge, 10am -11am, cost 50p for coffee and biscuit. Contact Shirley on 07879 458899. Pop in for a friendly chat; as well as coffee and a Biscuit.
• Slimming World, Hanham Community Centre, Wessex Suite, 9.30am and 11.30am. Cost £4.95 per week plus membership. Contact Kate 07979 494964.
• Zumba Fitness, 9.30 - 10.30am, Elbrow Suite, Hanham Community Centre. Suitable for all fitness levels and age groups Contact Philomena on 07966 373089. www.zumbainbristol.co.uK
• Zumba GOLD - lower impact zumba, Elbrow Suite, Hanham Community Centre . Contact Philomena on 07966 373089. www.zumbainbristol.co.uk
• Tiny Tutus, Hanham Community Centre, Ridgeway Room, 10am-10.30am. Contact Andrea Spearing on 07969265115 or email: email@example.com. Royal Ballet Registered Teacher.
• Young at Heart, Hanham Community Centre, Elbrow Room, 1.30pm-3.30pm, cost £3 per week. Contact the centre office on 01179674439. Come along for a cup of tea, a piece of cake and an afternoon of entertainment. Contact the office for more details.
• Hanham Art Club, Hanham Community Centre, Avon Room, 7pm-9pm, contact Sue Palmer on 07837578141
• Learn to Dance the Ballroom Way, Hanham Community Centre, Elbrow Suite, 7pm-7.30pm. Contact David Biggs on 01179782667. at 7:30pm
• Modern Sequence Dance Club, Hanham Community Centre, Elbrow Room, 7.45pm-11pm, cost £3 per person, £12 per annum and HCC membership. Contact Robin on 0117 9563151.Modern ballroom, Latin and old time sequence dancing. All new sequences taught as well as old favourites - with professional teacher David Biggs (IDTA). Some knowledge of dancing essential.
• Slimming World, Hanham Community Centre, 5.30pm and 7.30pm. Contact Kate 07979 494064. Lose weight with the best support and motivation, group ideas and sharing.
• Pins and needles, Hanham Community Centre, Wesley Room, 7.30pm-10pm every 3rd Thursday of the month. Cost £3 per session. Contact Linda on 0117 940 0232. Hints and tips on machine knitting.
• Bouncing Bobbins, Hanham Community Centre, Wesley Room, 2nd Thursday of the month, cost £12 per annum, contact Kathy Smart on 01179477839 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.We are a self help lace group that actively promotes lace through the making of traditional and contemporary bobbin, crocheted, knitted, needle, tatted lace and crafts associated with lace.
• Weight Watchers, Warmley Community Centre, 10am, every week. Contact Alice on 07904745331.
• Black Sheep Harmony A Cappella Chorus, Cadbury Heath Hall School, 7.30-10pm. Always looking for female singers who can hold a tune. Ordinary people singing extraordinarily. Contact Noey on 07899 088180 or visit www.blacksheepharmony.com
• 7-9pm Kingswood Choir at United Church Kingswood, Regent Street, all abilities welcome. Patsy Holdsworth 0117 907 8994
•Hanham Tennis Club – Adult coaching for club players, 6.30pm to 7.30pm, fully qualified LTA coaching followed by Club Night Tennis – 7.30 – 10pm. New players welcome. See http://hanhamtennisclub.co.uk for details.
•Spaces available for Beavers, Wolf Cubs and Scouts - boys and girls aged 5 years and six months up to adults for skills, friendships and adventures, Church of Ascension, Hollyguest Rd, Hanham. Contact Sarah on 0771 8092119 or email email@example.com
•Hanham Ladies Choir would welcome new members. We rehearse at Hanham United Reformed Church, Tabernacle Road, Hanham, from 2:00 – 3:30 pm, then tea. Contact 07971015848.
• Bristol Community Cafe every Friday at Longwell Green Community Centre,Shellards Road, 12-3pm. Come join us for a cuppa, a bite to eat, activities and make new friends,everyone welcome. Tel Gill 0117 9025779 for details
• Short Mat Bowls Group, Hanham Community Centre, Elbrow Suite, 10.30am-12.30pm. Cost £2 per week and HCC membership. Contact Sheena on 01179674439.
• Country Lines “A Line Dance Disco”, Hanham Community Centre, Elbrow Suite, Monthly 8pm-11.45pm. Cost £5. Contact Clare on 01179677246 or email:firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Chair Exercise - Zumba Gold, Hanham Community Centre, Elbrow Suite, 1pm-1.45pm. Contact Philomena on 07966373089 or visit www.zumbainbristol.co.uk.
•Zumba GOLD, lower impact Zumba 10 - 10.45am @ Cadbury Heath Hall, School Road, BS30 8EN (next to co-op, Lamb pub and the library) £3.50 for everyone Contact Philomena on 07966 373089 www.zumbainbristol.co.uk
• Crofts End Silver Band We are a small friendly brass band who meet in Hanham Tabernacle every Friday evening 7.30-9.00pm Contact: Denise 07944 887979
• Longwell Green Community Café 12-3pm, pop along for a cuppa, bite to eat and make new friends, everyone welcome. Longwell Green Community Centre, Shellards Road, Longwell Green, BS30 9DU. Tel Gill for more details 0117 9025779
•Longwell Green WI meet on the third Friday of the month at 7.30 in the Ellacombe Room at Longwell Green Community Centre email at email@example.com or telephone 0117 9864782.'
•Senior Football: Longwell Green Sports, Longwell Green Community Centre, 3pm.
Spine Safe Pilates Course
• 6 weeks
limited participants (pre-booking required)
• 30 minute classes
• Next course starts early January
•Bars @ The Green open from noon -10.30pm, Longwell Green Community Centre
• Lounge Bar, Hanham Community Centre, 7.30PM-11.30PM, cost HCC membership. Contact Sheena on 0117 967 4439.
• What If Minis, Orchard Rooms St Annes Church, 10am-12. Find us on facebook or contact 07837181863.
•Hanham Tennis Club - Junior coaching on Saturdays 9-11am Fully qualified LTA coaching. http://hanhamtennisclub.co.uk
•Hanham Tennis Club - Club Afternoon Tennis. New players welcome. See http://hanhamtennisclub.co.uk for details.
• Lounge Bar, Hanham Community Centre, 12pm-2pm, cost HCC membership. Contact Jane on 0117 967 4439.
• Solo Rendezvous walk every Sunday in the local area, 11am. For details: 01454 775508 / 01454 774984 / 0117 9850210.